Saturday, March 8, 2008

Weekends go so fast!!!

Since I have started working full time again, the weekends never seem to have enough time to do everything I want to do. But I suppose I will have to get used to it, at least for now.

Yesterday we went for a drive to Cardwell, a little seaside town about 1/2 hour north of Ingham. First thing I noticed was the feel of being more tropical. In Ingham, you can't really sense the northerness, but in Cardwell you can, I think maybe due to the hundreds more palm trees that are planted everywhere. This is the furtherest north that we have ever been. How exciting!! :)

We stopped for a bite to eat and sat close to the beach. There are signs everywhere warning of estuarine crocodiles, which still spins me out, as I can't for the life of me imagine a crocodile swimming in the sea... I really want to see one now....

We went for a walk on the jetty, the water was a bit mucky and brown, so no nice clear blue water. You can see Hinchinbrook Island with it's humongous mountains. Someday we will venture our there. It was overcast and a yucky day, so I wasn't too keen on getting the camera out.

Once we got back to Ingham, we had a brief look at the cemetery. It is definitely different, as there are many many mausoleums, something you don't often see.

I got home and took a few piccies with the camera. I will post one up that may be passable. I was using my longer lens, just trying it out. I'll get the tripod out one day..


No comments:

Post a Comment