Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Another big move..

We have been in Abergowrie for a few weeks now. It's what one may call a "blink town", blink and you'll miss it. It is about 1/2 hour drive north west of Ingham, which is another hour north of Townsville. There are no shops or anything here barre the state primary school and the Abergowrie College. So it's pretty quiet. Which is a nice change from being woken up at all hours of the night by obnoxious roosters who have no idea. The area itself is great, with mountain views all around, and everything is really green. This area is mostly sugar cane farms which again is a change. The pic below shows what we can see from our back stairs. Can you see the waterfall?? :)



The only problem I am having a the moment is getting used to how much it rains here. I know it is raining a bit more than usual, but since I have been here (about 3 weeks) we have had maybe 3 days of pure sunlight and dry.

Andy is settling in to his new role as a teacher principal of the primary school here. I have started work again as an admin officer at the hospital in Ingham. It's a funny feeling being the "newbie" again, after being at the previous hospital for 2 years.

I have also got a new camera which I hope to put to some good use (once I figure out how to), and should be putting up a couple of pics that I take. We plan on seeing the area as much as we can, while we are up here, because at the moment, it's up in the air as to what will happen in the next few months. We will see....




No comments:

Post a Comment